For this reason, we recommend you contact the airline you will be flying with if you have any questions about how much baggage you are permitted to bring or about possible size and weight restrictions.
Please note that suitcases must not be fastened with padlocks, fabric ties or rubber bands, and belts must not be strapped around the suitcase as they risk becoming stuck on the conveyor belts during transportation.
To ensure that your luggage is sorted quickly and correctly, old luggage tags and self-adhesive bar codes must be removed before check-in.
The following items should be packed in your checked baggage
- *Liquids exceeding more than 100 ml
- Toiletries whose contents are non-toxic and non-flammable (max. 2 kg)
- All kinds of knives
- Sharp/pointed devices, razor blades, etc.
- Weapons in legal possession (must be disclosed at check-in)
- Ammunition in legal possession (must be disclosed at check-in)
- Toy weapons of any kind
The definition of “liquid” includes:
water, fruit juice, cordial, soup and syrup;
perfume, after-shave lotion, eau de cologne and similar liquids;
semi-liquid or gel substances, such as shampoo and toothpaste;
oils and lotions, such as hand lotion or sunscreen;
contents of aerosol containers, such as deodorant, shaving foam and similar substances;
mixtures of solid and liquid substances.
Passengers are generally not allowed to bring the following
- Explosive, flammable or corrosive substances such as camping gas, methylated spirit, paint and the like
- Oxidised, toxic or radioactive substances
- Flammable gases
- Magnetic materials
- Bleaching agents
NB. Please be aware that in certain countries other regulations may apply regarding the above mentioned items.