- *Liquids and liquid substances in your carry-on baggage must be packed in containers with a maximum capacity of 100 ml (1/10 litre)
- You may pack more than one container, but no more than you can fit into a one-litre plastic bag. Passengers are allowed to bring only one of these bags.
- The Danish authorities specify that the bag must be a ‘transparent, re-sealable bag with a maximum capacity of one litre. The closing mechanism must be an integral part of the bag. You may for instance use re-sealable “freezer bags”, available from many major supermarkets.’
- Get hold of a bag that meets the authorities’ requirements – and pack your liquid containers in this
*Liquids and liquid substances such as:
- - water, fruit juice, cordial, soup and syrup;
- - perfume, after-shave lotion, eau de cologne and similar liquids;
- - semi-liquid or gel substances, such as shampoo and toothpaste;
- - oils and lotions, such as hand lotion or sunscreen;
- - contents of aerosol containers, such as deodorant, shaving foam and similar substances;
- - mixtures of solid and liquid substances.
The European Commission has specified that lipstick, lipgloss, solid deodorants, glue sticks and the like do not come under the new rules on liquids in carry-on baggage.
Be prepared at the security checkpoint
- Have your bag of liquids ready for separate x-raying at the security checkpoint
- Remove computers and other large electrical items from your carry-on baggage – such items must be x-rayed separately
- Remove your coat at the security checkpoint. It too must be x-rayed separately
Special rules for travelling to the USA
- On a non-stop flight from Copenhagen to the USA: If you travel on a non-stop flight to the USA by SAS or Delta Air Lines, you may bring duty-free products (spirits, perfume and other liquids) purchased at Copenhagen Airport on board the aircraft. You will receive the products in a sealed bag with the receipt at the duty-free store, and it is important that the bag remains sealed.
- To the USA via another EU airport: If you travel from Copenhagen to the USA via an airport in another EU member state, there is a risk that your duty-free products (spirits, perfume and other liquids) will be seized, even though you received the products and have kept them in a sealed bag with the receipt. Please your airline about the rules.
- If you are travelling on by air within the USA: According to the US rules, you will not be allowed to bring duty-free products (spirits, perfume and other liquids) from Europe if you transfer to a flight connection after arrival in a US airport. Instead, you may place the products in the baggage to be checked in for the flight connection. You should contact your airline and ask about the rules in the USA.